Finance Job in Crawfordsville, Indiana : IN 47933
Looking for Finance Jobs? See currently available Finance job openings on finance.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
finance.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any finance job . We provide job resources for Finance positions throughout the industry. finance.jobs.net also provides Finance jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Finance by either city or state.
finance.jobs.net is a finance job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Finance jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your finance job search on finance.jobs.net today.
Director Of Finance
Director Of Finance Job DescriptionTitleDirector of Finance
Business Unit: Banjo
150 Banjo Drive
Crawfordsville, Indiana, 47933
The Finance Director will play a key role in leading the financial operations of Banjo Corporation. This position provides comprehensive leadership to the Banjo site and Business Unit management teams in support of IDEX initiatives and its strategy to maximize the combined strengths of its business units to provide better solutions expand margins and generate strong cash flow. Position requires extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and manufacturing / financial reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, and business operations in a growth-oriented environment.
This individual will develop, direct and maintain a financial reporting/internal control system that will provide management with the appropriate financial and operating information. He / She will develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance, operational excellence and other criteria that directly reflect the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
This key member of the leadership team will significantly influence the long-term direction and growth of the business unit by its ability to effectively analyze and redirect its resources through accounting and financial reporting that meet or exceed the requirements of its internal and external customers.
REPORTING TO: Reports directly to Group Vice President Finance.
• Direct and assist the Business Unit & Business Line Leaders in the development of strategic plans and supporting objectives, while proactively managing supporting events to assure attainment of agreed upon performance.
• Drive, support and utilize the company’s Operating Model processes including, but not limited to, Daily Management, MBR, GDP, AOP & OTC.
• Business Partner to accelerating profitable growth through execution and support of 8020 principles and methods, complexity reduction and productivity initiatives.
• Manage the accounting function including general ledger and monthly closings, account receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Direct financial planning, forecasting & reporting and Business Line profitability analysis.
• Commitment to improving employee engagement and inclusion. Continue to build diverse “A” team.
• Manage the cost accounting, inventory accounting and project costing / tracking processes. Maintain control of physical inventories.
• Direct the capital appropriation and capital budgeting process as well as control of fixed assets.
• Ensure all compliance with legally mandated external financial reporting including Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements; manage the interface with internal/external auditors. Audit the operations for compliance to corporate and business unit policies and procedures.
• Prepare the financial statements and ensure the accuracy of financial results. Prepare detailed analyses of financial statement results for presentation to Business Unit management.
• Coordinate and administer an effective financial plan for the control of operations by implementing and effectuating an adequate control environment over the accuracy and maintenance of the financial system.
• Provide assistance to the credit and collections function. Interface with banks, vendors, customers and tax authorities when needed.
• Management of IT resources and BU’s ERP system, applications, support and infrastructure systems.Enter Job Description Here
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES
- An in-depth understanding of accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls on manual and automated systems, and the ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business.
- Proven management/supervisory skills, including the ability to persuade others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork; a supportive manner that facilitates his/her ability to achieve results.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities and excellent project management leadership expertise. Outstanding oral and written communication skills, which include active listening.
- A well-developed business sense, which will include an understanding of markets, customers and competitors.
- A high energy, hands on, results-oriented manager who is not afraid to take charge and serve on cross-functional teams.
- A strategic thinker/problem solver who can effectively interface with all levels of employees. An ability to analyze the details, but also to be able to step back and 'look at the big picture.'
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree or equivalent in accounting or finance.
• A minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in a similar-sized operation, including heavy management experience in financial and manufacturing accounting. Cost accounting expertise preferred.
• Experience in a process focused organization (Six Sigma, Value Streams) and experience working with Enterprise Accounting Systems, is highly desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have a proven track record, demonstrated by a progressive level of growth in responsibility.
- Business Acumen: a demonstrated awareness of how businesses work. Ability to align initiatives and processes which contributes to achieving the business' goals and profit objectives.
- Intellectual Horsepower: the ability to comfortably deal with concepts and complexity. Bright and intelligent - intellectually sharp, capable and agile. Creative and independent thinker.
- Drive for Results: the ability to exceed goals successfully on a regular basis. Constantly and consistently a top performer. Very bottom-line oriented. Enjoys working hard - steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Strategic Agility: the ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create breakthrough strategies and plans. Proactively implements countermeasures to missed objectives.
- Functional/Technical Skills: the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment and the motivation to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Process Management: the ability to develop creative solutions to problems and continuously improve systems and processes. Knows what to measure and how to measure it. Can see opportunities for synergy and integration. Fosters cross-functional problem solving and cooperation.
- Interpersonal Savvy: the ability to relate well to all levels of the organization. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Can deal comfortable with higher management.
- Building Effective Teams: the ability to hire the best available talent and blend people into successful teams. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Demonstrates a commitment to fostering long-term growth through meaningful development opportunities.
- Team Player: the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as a key contributor respecting the views and opinions of others.
- Integrity and Ethics: the ability to adhere to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs. Recognized throughout the organization as trustworthy and honest.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Crawfordsville Finance Job