Finance Job in Rocky Hill, Connecticut : CT 06067
Looking for Finance Jobs? See currently available Finance job openings on finance.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
finance.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any finance job . We provide job resources for Finance positions throughout the industry. finance.jobs.net also provides Finance jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Finance by either city or state.
finance.jobs.net is a finance job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Finance jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your finance job search on finance.jobs.net today.
Director, Finance And Accounting
Director, Finance And Accounting Job Description
Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is in the midst of an exciting transformation, from a traditional credit union into a modern, technology driven financial institution. Using cutting-edge technology coupled with our skilled and valuable local resources, we’re able to deliver an exceptional banking experience anywhere, anytime, and across any device. We’re aggressively expanding our proven successes in synthesizing digital and brick-and-mortar experiences, as exemplified by our strategic partnerships with the CT DMV, new retail locations, and others. As both a non-profit financial institution and a designated Community Development Financial Institution, we offer an exciting opportunity to serve organizations and communities beyond our corporate structure. And we continue to create value by driving growth and opportunity for our members, our partners and our employees -- balanced by responsible financial stewardship and propelled by the dynamic shifts in technology and markets impacting the communities we serve.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference, to promote change and transformation in a modern Fintech environment, and join a team focused on making a difference in our communities, Nutmeg is your career path.
To align the Finance & Accounting operations to support the success of the Nutmeg 2.0 strategy.
Directs the Finance and Accounting operations in support of the Nutmeg 2.0 strategy and business plan, driving efficiency, ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place to measure the performance of Nutmeg’s products and services, and delivering timely and accurate internal and external financial reporting.
The timely and accurate execution of on-going financial operations conforming to internal policy, GAAP, and other external requirements. This includes data management, maintenance of financial records, and tax and regulatory reporting.
● A timely and accurate monthly financial close and internal reporting process, including the preparation, analysis and evaluation of Nutmeg’s financial performance, member and service channel profitability, performance/results of business units, and external financial reporting.
● A timely and accurate financial planning cycle, including preparation of periodic budgets and forecasts, and on-going monitoring of performance to targets.
● Asset liability management (ALM) monitoring activities, to identify and direct options/solutions to meet business plan goals.
Monitor economic data and trends to provide business insights.
Direct the development, implementation and monitoring of a proper internal control environment surrounding financial reporting, sufficient to safeguard assets and to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of general ledger balances and consolidated financial results.
Lead Nutmeg’s treasury and investment activities under the guidance of Executive Leadership, as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization. Establish and maintain relations with other financial institutions and the investment community. Direct safekeeping, control and accounting for assets and securities. Manage the risk of Nutmeg’s investment portfolio within policy, regulation and the financial institution’s risk profile.
Maintain consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures throughout Nutmeg’s business portfolio, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation; ensure consistency throughout organization.
Direct the completion of the annual financial audit and regulatory examination by coordinating on-site visits and developing corrective action plans to address any auditor findings or financial statement deficiencies.
Lead a high performing team that anticipates business trends; create an environment of trust and productivity. Recruit and hire talent to fill required roles; direct department activities in alignment with the established structure and processes.
Evaluate departmental performance against established roles, responsibilities, expectations and required competencies. Coach, mentor and develop staff ensuring employees understand roles and responsibilities and have access to professional development opportunities. Develop training plans and identify resources required to support staff in meeting established roles, responsibilities and expectations. Provide ongoing performance management to sustain accountability; lead required disciplinary actions.
Complies with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC and the USA Patriot Act regulations and standards, and attends training as required.
Responsibilities listed reflect general responsibilities of this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties. Other duties may be performed as needed.
Rocky Hill Finance Job
Director, Finance And Accounting Job Requirements
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; able to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information
● Superior analytical skills; excellent judgment and ability to solve complex problems
● Develop a solid business partner relationship with executive management; provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
● Action oriented personality who tackles issues when they first arise
● Experience managing direct reports and providing leadership and coaching and development
● Previous experience working with clients who are state government agencies is a plus
● Superior communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
● Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance. Advanced degree strongly preferred
● CPA certification(s) strongly preferred
● Minimum of five (5) years of finance/accounting experience. Financial institution or experience in a related field is preferred
● Minimum of three (3) years of management experience (process, people, and/or projects)
● Previous experience with data management, financial planning and analytics, ALM, investing and cash management required
● Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Advanced Excel skills required.
● Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
● Requires standing and/or sitting for an extended period of time.
● Travel required between various CT branch locations up to 120 days or less per year as needed.