Finance Job in Washington, Dc : DC 20004
Looking for Finance Jobs? See currently available Finance job openings on finance.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
finance.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any finance job . We provide job resources for Finance positions throughout the industry. finance.jobs.net also provides Finance jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Finance by either city or state.
finance.jobs.net is a finance job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Finance jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your finance job search on finance.jobs.net today.
Director Of Finance
Director Of Finance Job Description
Director of Finance
In this newly created position, as the Director of Finance, you will report directly to the president/CEO and manage the entire financial portfolio for our organization: $3 million annual revenue, investments, and $3.3 million in reserves. Working with an engaged president/CEO and business-savvy board, you will be responsible for developing and analyzing business operations models, non-dues revenue models (we are about to launch a consulting practice), and operation efficiencies and gaps. We will look to you to provide analytical and critical information that can be used to evaluate our effectiveness and drive informed decisions about our future from a financial and operational standpoint. Your success in this role will result from your ability to see the big picture and to analyze the impact of initiatives.
Right now, we are in a state of transition. We are ramping up on staff and programs and just rolled out new membership benefits. Your role is to inform leadership about financial impacts, based on your trend and risk/benefit analyses, ensuring that the organization aligns its resources toward the right initiatives. Stakeholders will see you as approachable, visible, engaged, and credible. Once you have an understanding of the financials, you will hire and be supported by a senior accountant.
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. Through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession, MCCA takes an inclusive approach to the definition of “diversity." Our research addresses issues of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and generational differences which impact the legal profession’s workforce. We are financially strong, with 14 months of operating expenses in reserve.
Responsibilities as the Director of Finance
Budget and Investments
- Project, analyze, and make recommendations regarding expenditures and revenues. Perform trend analyses to explain the impact of activities.
- Review budget performance quarterly and identify/investigate significant variances. Perform year-end audits to evaluate the accuracy of projections.
- Prepare cash flow projections, cash balance reports, and other periodic financial reports and statements needed by the board and future finance committee.
- Along with the president/CEO, develop projections for new business lines. This involves analysis of required capital and resource investments and other associated costs.
- Maintain detailed awareness of the financial affairs and cost-effectiveness of activities. Monitor cash flow daily to ensure adequate cash to cover upcoming expenses.
- Prepare the annual budget for functional areas. This requires an understanding of the revenue streams for each of our events and other programs the ability to develop budget projections.
- Prepare tax forms not completed by accounting/audit firm such as 1099 forms for independent contractors and sales tax filing form. Review all tax reports and statements prepared by the auditor firm prior to filing.
- Schedule and assist independent auditors with the annual audit of the financial operations, monthly reconciliation of bank statements, and close out.
- Interact with bank/investment personnel to monitor managed portfolio of investments. Serve as plan administrator for employee 401(k) accounts.
- Oversee entry of financial data into the computerized accounting system (QuickBooks Online), which includes the general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Establish appropriate procedures for, and review, all accounts payable transactions, including verification of charges, assignment of accounts, check preparation, monthly bank statements, credit card accounts, and transaction file maintenance.
- Establish appropriate procedures for, and review, accounts receivable/sales transactions, including preparation of deposits, entry of credit card settlement receipts, preparation of various sundry invoices, and collection of outstanding accounts.
- Perform other accounting functions, such as the reconciliation of cash receipts and sponsorship payments before an event, membership dues, and preparation of adjusting journal entries.
- Ensure the adequacy of accounting practices and handling of funds to assure conformity with accounting standards.
- Develop and update the accounting manual and related standard operating procedures to provide guidance on the processing of transactions within the system of internal controls to safeguard MCCA’s assets.
Washington Finance Job
Director Of Finance Job Requirements
Qualifications of the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years with progressively responsible experience in the accounting/finance field.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience with QuickBooks, ADP software, Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, or ABC Accounting Software is a plus.
Attributes of the Director of Finance
- You have a natural collaborative style and understand it takes a team.
- You are able to understand and support the goals of an organization while enforcing, explaining, and teaching policies that have a long-term impact on objectives.
- You are thoughtful in your approach and make it easy for non-financial colleagues to feel at ease.
- You are self-assured and direct; you tell us what we need to hear and your style of delivery is sensible, realistic, and matter-of-fact.
- You instill trust and confidence with internal staff and external entities and have the highest standards of ethics.
- Your communication skills provide you with the ability to train and mentor others, making information and procedures easy to comprehend.
- You are tenacious and not easily put off when faced with an uphill task.
- You are a facilitator and team builder, pitching in whenever needed. Your can-do attitude is exactly what is needed to build this department.
What’s Attractive to the Right Director of Finance Candidate?
- You will be supported by an engaged CEO and a sophisticated board with business expertise. Your high-level financial analysis can drive thoughtful, informed decision-making.
- You will have an active voice and your contributions will be appreciated. Your excellent management of our finances will be an integral part of success.
- We have a strong staff who are dependable, passionate about our mission, welcoming, and willing to work together. At MCCA, you will have the resources you need to succeed.
- Our culture encourages a healthy work/life balance. You will be able to leave work at work and will not be required to be “on-call" once you leave the office.
- This role will broaden your horizons. Working at MCCA will give you the opportunity to interact with elite partners of law firms and general counsel of Fortune 500 companies.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits to include medical and dental insurance, transportation allowance, 15 days paid vacation, holidays, short-term and long-term insurance and more.
To Apply for the Director of Finance position with MCCA:
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Internally this position title is Director of Finance and Administration.
Director of Finance, Director of Finance and Administration, Finance Director, Controller, Director of Finance and Administration, Assistant Controller, Budget Officer, Budget Director, Certified Public Accountant, Unit Controller, government contract, grant giving, financial leadership, budgeting, federal grants, compliance, federal, state, local, government requirement, regulatory compliance, non-profit, Area Controller, accounting, adjust course, analysis, annual analysis, budget forecasting, budgeting , business sense, cash flow, cash flow forecasting, cash projections, efficiency studies, financial , financial accounting, financial analysis, financial forecasting, financial modeling, financial projections, financial reporting, forecasting, investment, journals, projections, public accounting, quarterly analysis, reporting, reserves, manage reserves, strategic financial planning, trend analysis, managerial finance, nonprofit accounting, 990, advise, board, finance committee, board presentation, controller, CPA, certified public accountant, accounting manager, accountant , director of finance, corporate controller, finance manager, managerial accounting, Division Controller, Senior Financial Controller, Finance, Managing Director, Managing Director Finance, Controller, Director of Accounting, Fiscal Operations, Director of Finance & Administration, Finance, Operations, Business Development, Director of Finance, budgeting, managerial accounting, forecasting, finance committee, CPA, Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Finance, Accounting, finance committee, Board, finance, accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow, trend analysis, future projections, financial forecasting, budget forecasting, cash flow forecasting, quarterly/annual analysis, financial reporting, investment, Controller, Assistant Controller, Audit, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Operational Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Accounting Director, Accounting Supervisor, Cost Accounting Manager, Staff Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Unit Controller, Area Controller, Division Controller, Senior Financial Controller, Auditor, Manager of Accounting, Finance and Accounting Manager, Senior Accounting Manager, Director of Operations, Managing Director, Managing Director of Infrastructure and Finance, Controller, Senior Accounting Manager, Contracts Director, Proposals Manager, Director of Accounting, Fiscal and Operations, Financial Operations and Senior Manager, Controller, Senior Accountant, VP Finance, Assistant Controller, Operational Accounting Manager, Accounting Director, Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Director of Finance, Controller, Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Vice President of Finance, Unit Controller, Area Controller, Division Controller, Senior Financial Controller, Auditor, Division Controller, Finance Director, Director of Finance, Director of Administration, Vice President of Finance, VP of Finance, VP of Finance and Administration, sponsored research, steward, trust fund, budgeting, financial management, budgeting management, financial oversight, compliance management, risk management, strategy, revenue